Wade Moriarty was born in San Antonio, Texas on March 25, 1967. Wade is a trial attorney and mediator in Houston with The Crim Law Firm located in the Museum District.
He has been a litigator for over 20 years with extensive trial experience. He has tried numerous cases to verdict involving various legal issues, primarily personal injury. He has also mediated cases since 2009.
Wade was admitted to practice law in Texas in 1994 and is also admitted to the U.S. Supreme Court and the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas. He is a member of the American Bar Association, American Association for Justice, Texas Trial Lawyers Association, Houston Trial Lawyers Association and the Houston Bar Association. He is also a Fellow with the Texas Bar Foundation.
Wade has been recognized as one of The National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Trial Lawyers in 2013, a Texas Super Lawyer in 2010, 2011 and 2012, as one of Houston’s Top Lawyers from 2008-2013, and as one of Houston’s Top Lawyers for the People in 2009. Wade also has an AV Preeminent® Peer Review, which is the highest rating given by LexisNexus Martindale-Hubbell. The AV Peer Review Rating, which identifies a lawyer with very high to preeminent legal ability, is a reflection of expertise, experience, integrity and overall professional excellence.
In addition to his law practice, Wade is legal counsel for Media Masters. Wade works with attorneys and businesspeople, training them to communicate effectively with the media and generate positive publicity that will improve the business’s bottom line. He authored “Winning in the Court of Public Opinion” which was published in November/December 2007 issue of The Houston Lawyer. He has been a CLE speaker on the topic of media publicity on many occasions. He is also called upon to be the legal expert for 790 AM Sports Radio.
Wade found time during his very active trial docket to volunteer with an organization called Aspiring Youth. Aspiring Youth is an after-school mentoring program for at-risk middle school students in the inner city. Wade and his wife Rose were Volunteers of the Year in 1998, chaired the inaugural Aspiring Youth Gala in 1999, and were the Silent Auction chairs for the Gala in 2003. Wade was also a Reed Elementary PTO Board Member during the 2005-2006 school year.
Wade lives in Houston with his wife Rose and two children.
- The Crim Law Firm – August 2013 to present
- Moriarty Law Firm (formerly Moriarty & Madigan) – May 1995 to August 2013
- Tucker, Hendryx, Snyder & Slade – May 1994 to May 1995
- South Texas College of Law, Houston, Texas, 1993, J.D.
- Texas A&M University, 1989, B.S.
- A.A. White Dispute Resolution Center at the University of Houston Law Center, Blakely Advocacy Institute, 40 Hour Basic Mediation Training, 2009
- Texas – May 6, 1994
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. Supreme Court
- State Bar of Texas
- Fellow, Texas Bar Foundation
- Houston Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Houston Trial Lawyers Association
- HTLA Board of Directors, 2014
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- American Association for Justice
- Legal Consultant, Media Masters
- Houston Top Lawyers – 2013, 2014
- Co-Speaker, “Controlling Media Publicity for a Client in Crisis,” October 18, 2006, HYLA
- Co-Speaker, “Controlling the Media at Trial: Silence Isn’t Golden – It’s GUILTY,” February 9, 2007, HCCLA & HBA Criminal Law and Procedure Section
- Legal Expert for 790 AM Sports Radio
- Author, “Winning in the Court of Public Opinion,” The Houston Lawyer, November/December 2007
- The National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Trial Lawyers 2013
- Texas Super Lawyers 2010, 2011, 2012
- H Texas Magazine
- Houston’s Top Lawyers – 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
- Houston’s Top Lawyers for the People – 2009
- AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rating (highest rating)
- Aspiring Youth
- Co-Volunteer of the Year (with wife Rose), 1998
- Co-Chair of the Inaugural Aspiring Youth Gala (with wife Rose), 1999
- Co-Chair for Silent Auction of the Aspiring Youth Gala (with wife Rose), 2003